|Version 60 (modified by slav0nic, 5 years ago) (diff)|
What is DjangoBB?
DjangoBB is a quick and simple forum which uses the Django Framework (written in Python language). Abbreviation DjangoBB stands for Django Bulletin Board. DjangoBB is distributed under the BSD license.
The basic concept of the forum progress is:
- the usage of various DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite)
- the ease of integration into any Django project and the ease of installation
- the usage of standard libraries for launching on conventional hostings with python support
- user-friendly installation process
- classic view of the forum like IPB, PhpBB, Punbb
- easy forum setup
- high speed
At the current stage of development the main object is the functional implementation of the PunBB forum, in the sequel it is projected to expand it significantly.
will be soon...
DjangoBB Installation unofficial
How to get DjangoBB sources?
DjangoBB sources are available from mercurial repository. You can fetch them with the command:
hg clone http://hg.djangobb.org/djangobb/ djangobb
Also last revisions are available in gz archive.
- Django >= 1.2
- postmarkup (url) svn version more secure
- pygments (url) optional
- django-haystacksearch 1.1.0 (url) | Whoosh optional
- python-markdown (url) optional
- django-mailer (url) optional
- django-messages (url) optional (PM_SUPPORT setting)
- South (optional)
Fore more info pls check djangobb/extras/requirements.txt and optional-requirements.txt files
User Support and demo
English Version: http://support.djangobb.org/
Russian Version: http://djangobb.ru/forum/ (will be soon)
Mercurial repository: http://hg.djangobb.org/
Migration from other forum engines:
will be soon...
"Why another forum?"
As far`as we are concerned, there is no usable engine written in Django. In our humble opinion, existing implementations are too simple and have little function.
Sites using DjangoBB
Bitbucket mirror: http://bitbucket.org/slav0nic/djangobb/
Github mirror: http://github.com/slav0nic/DjangoBB/